Sunday, September 26, 2010

Indain cross

Just feathers.
80/20 cotton/poly batting
so fine beige thread top and bottom

Monday, September 6, 2010

Disappearing 4-patch

I designed and donated the fabric and my friends sewed this top together for charity. Here it is before it is sewn completely. It was large 4-patches that are then cut across like this tutorial shows. (the sizes are different though.)
Since I needed to try out a new pattern on the long arm I tried it out here. First it was recommended that it is basted with water soluble thread; then quilted. Here you can see where I got to play before doing the fans.
Before washing, with both of the quilting completed; basting and baptist fan.
Here it is after washing:
I liked the way it turned out but everything did not line up exactly. Handing a customer a quilt with the basting still in would be difficult. Washing a customer's quilt is not something I would do though. Basically the quilt has to be quilted twice! So it would take a long time and cost more than a different edge to edge.

Triangle Madness

I left this large so you can click on it and enlarge it.
I didn't crop it 'cause my crop-man is busy...may crop it later.
This is what I've been working on since early February. It is finished. Labeled. Bound.
Quilted with Signature cotton; Mother Goose (a light brown)
80/20 batting

the back:

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Flower meander

This is a small quilt only 32 X 40; here it is before quilting.After quilting;
The back is a beautiful chocolate brown.
A close-up of the Flower meander I did.
King Tut top thread, Isacord pale pink in the bottom. The customer supplied the batting; Dream Cotton,100% cotton. It is very soft.

  © Blogger template 'The Base' by 2008

Back to TOP